November 22, 2012

"That Fiend In Hell: A Comprehensive Study"

Logo for the blog
That Fiend In Hell: A Comprehensive Study

(Click image to enlarge)







s some of you may already know, Cathy Spude's book, "That Fiend In Hell:" Soapy Smith in Legend has been published. Originally I had planned to simply do a review of the book, however, after reading it I found that review would not suffice. The book definitely needs to be fully examined and discussed so I decided to create a new blog just for that purpose. This is exciting for me and should be of great interest to the hard-core historian as topics are utilizing most of what is known about Soapy's reign in Skagway, Alaska, which the book centers on.

      As of this post the blog has only 4 entries. The posts are a little slow in coming as I am taking great care in disclosing everything known about the topics. This blog will be continually updated for some time to come as there are a lot of items to discuss. The link is below the logo above. Do let me know what you think. 

 



"The end came quickly; in frontier phrase, he died of “defective vision,” that is, the other fellow with the gun saw him first."
— George Buffum,
Smith of Bear City and Other Frontier Sketches, 1906






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith