July 16, 2011

Soapy Smith wake addendum

Dave Elstun at the Soapy Smith wake in Denver
performing the prize package soap racket



A few additional bits about this year's wakes.

I knew that Dave Elstun was the man of the hour, who put together the event in Denver, but I did not know he performed Soapy's prize package soap racket for the guests! His photo (see above) appeared this morning on Facebook. I would have liked to have seen his portrayal of the scam.

Whit Haydn, the fearless leader of the event in Hollywood at the Magic Castle popped in to say a few words and submit one correction. Here's Whit.

Enjoyed your blog on Soapy Night. The silver shells sell for $500, though, not $300.

What a wonderful event. I finally uploaded 2009 video on YouTube, so we have great videos of all the last five years on YouTube.

I just posted all of them to my Facebook. So glad things worked out for Jeff III and Ashley. Great to get that video of the toast!

Thank you gentlemen!


JULY 16
1890: “Big Ed” Burns is given 24-hours to leave Denver by Chief of Detectives Loar.

Jeff Smith









.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith