November 3, 2008

Click to enlarge
Back on October 21 I posted about the above ribbon/bookmark. I began a nice discussion with the seller and buyer, Candy. She was kind enough to send me a scan of her purchase as the seller's eBay auction photograph was blurry. I am impressed with the look. Having a photograph of one of the original ribbons sent by Soapy to his wife, I am pretty sure this was manufactured by Martin Itjen in the 1920s-30s. He was known to have made a number of Soapy related reproductions as advertisement for his Skagway street car tour.

If anyone has any other information about this particular item please add your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith