May 15, 2010

Soapy's son James: Addendum .

May 20, 1918 (Click image to enlarge)
 
FOR THE LATEST UPDATED INFORMATION ON JAMES LUTHER SMITH
OCT 23, 2022

 
Back on May 8 I published a post on James Luther Smith (aka Joseph James Smith). I made a mistake regarding the college residence from the WWI draft registration. I wrote that James was
"residing at St. Trenton College in Bourbonnais, Illinois."
I have since learned from Gay Mathis that the name of the college is St. Viator College, which he also played baseball for (see photo above). Mike Moriarty states that this was the point in James' life in which he changed his name to Joseph James Smith.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith