April 8, 2010

Nellie Kate Smith


(Click image to enlarge)
"Lovingly Nellie"
Nellie Kate (Smith) Favar
Kyle Rosene Collection
(front view)




(Click image to enlarge)
"For Aunt Em"
Mrs. Sam Favar (Faver?)
Kyle Rosene Collection
(back view)

Here is another fine photograph from the Kyle Rosene Collection.

The photograph is of Nellie Kate Smith taken at the A. T. Walker studio in Newnan, Georgia in the nineteenth century. She signed the front of the picture, "Lovingly Nellie." She also signed it on the back, "For Aunt Em" (Emily Dawson Edmundson: Soapy's mother). Someone wrote, "Mrs Sam Favar (Faver) (Nellie Smith) Double cousin Eva K. Light (Smith)." Being double cousins means that they (Nellie and Emily) are related to each other through both parents' families. It would seem she married Sam Faver. This is where I get lost. I have information on the Faver's and there is a Samuel Lumpkin Faver but he married Ellen Elizabeth Smith. Either my tree at this branch is in error, or there is another Sam Faver, perhaps a son? Samuel and Ellen did have five children but none are "Sam." Could there be a son I don't have on my tree?

  • Born: December 19, 1868.
  • Father: Ira Ellis Caspar Wistar Smith.
  • Mother: Catherine Romanz "Kate" Edmundson.
  • died: July 27, 1950.

If anyone in the family has more information please let me know and I will post it here. Thank you.













.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith