February 7, 2010

More on Robert Ford's bloodied collar tab...





Gay Mathis has done it again. She has been very helpful in the genealogical search on my early family. She seems to have a "green thumb" when it comes to finding articles I have never seen before. I hope she knows how much I appreciate her contributions.






She sent a small write-up and cartoon from the Dallas Morning News (September 21, 1930) depicting the moments after Robert Ford's murder in which the article states Soapy picked up Ford's diamond collar button. This is the first time I've heard that it was a diamond collar button/tab.













.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith