December 11, 2009

Soapy Smith book review

(Click image to enlarge)
CRIPPLE CREEK 1896

Linda Wommack is the well known Colorado historian, author, and descendant of Bob Wommack, founder of Cripple Creek gold. Here is what Linda had to say about my book.

I loved the book! So much so, that after the holiday, I am going to read it again; this time as research. Oh! Before I forget-please pass along my thanks and regards to your publisher who sent me a very nice note included with the book.

As a Colorado historian, I have often thought of Soapy Smith as the "Forest Gump" in Colorado history-he seemed to pop up everywhere, but always hard to track down and follow. So much so, that by and large, he only receives a paragraph or two in the annuals of Colorado history. Not only is this the first book devoted to the history of the con-man, with the supporting documentation provided, it is the definitive biography of the soap man. Cheers, hugs, and well done, my friend.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Linda Wommack









.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith