January 27, 2012

Film footage of the White Pass Trail and the building of the railroad




Friends of Bad Man Soapy Smith member Steve sent me the following YouTube video about the building of the White Pass and Yukon Railway. There is film footage of stampeders using the trails before and during the railroad construction. I have never seen most of this before so I thought some of you might enjoy it.











JANUARY 27
1896: George McAttee, alias “Jimmy Blaine” member of the Denver Soap Gang, collapses and dies in a Cripple Creek, Colorado restaurant.
1899: A granite memorial is completed replacing the wooden grave marker for Frank H. Reid, mortally wounded by Soapy Smith in the shootout on Juneau wharf.

Jeff Smith









.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith