November 20, 2011

Jeff Smith's Parlor study: Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park: Part 9.

Newspaper ad for Soapy Smith's saloon
Skagway, Alaska
Daily Alaskan July 2, 1898



The PDF version of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historic Park study of Jeff Smith's Parlor has been released. I was lucky enough to have received a hard copy but below you can now view the full study. I found it very interesting!

Back in the 1980s I made business card size copies of the Jeff Smith's Parlor ad (see photo at top). Purchasers of my book that asked for my to autograph the book received one of the cards. It's not meant as a reward for asking for an autograph, but merely the fact that my publisher does not have the cards, I do.






Palor Museum Hsr



NOVEMBER 20
1892:  “Chief” Soapy presents his fraternity, the Improved Order of Red Men with a war bonnet that came directly off the battlefield of Wounded Knee.


~~~~~~~~~~
ADDITIONAL NEWS!

Our friends over at Rocky Mountain Profiles have some photographs of how Hope, Alaska looks today. Hope is one of the camps Soapy visited on his first trip to Alaska in 1896. A diary notation confirms that he swindled miners with the prize package soap sell racket.

~~~~~~~~~~



Jeff Smith









.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith