June 19, 2011

Dr. Fenton B. Whiting descendant, David Nelson part 2.

A neighbor girl and David Nelson
Elmendorf AFB
(Click image to enlarge)



I was happy to receive an email from David Nelson, descendant of Dr. Fenton Blakemore Whiting of Skagway fame.

David writes.

Jeff:

I don't know the whereabouts of the rifle. Wish I did.

Saw your blog entries about the portrait. I have only one correction. The closeup of Dr Whiting at autopsy is captioned as Fenton Blackmore, whereas it is actually Blakemore.

I don't really have a dog in the hunt relative to Soapy's killing. It sounds like you might be right about the coup de grace. I'd like to read your book when I get the opportunity to as it sounds interesting.

As you can see in the attached photo, as a young child I followed in Dr. Whiting's railroading footsteps, living in Alaska, but it was relatively tame by then. (It's me and a neighbor girl from Elmendorf AFB, where dad was stationed.)

Good chatting with you.

David Nelson


Thank you for the email David. Correction has been made. You can find out more about my book HERE. I look forward to future correspondence with you.









June 19, 2011


Jeff Smith









.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith