February 8, 2011

Soapy Smith: "Robin Hood of the Old West"

(Click image to enlarge)


Friend Rich sends in an idea.

Here is an idea to help promote JRSII: Give JRSII a special 'title' to associate with him. For me, the title that seems most fitting is 'Robin Hood of the Old West'. [I know I have mentioned this before] Let's face it....along with his lawless behavior...he was also benevolent and generous to those in need. I could be wrong, but I believe if both sides of Jeff's persona are promoted, maybe over time, he will rise to 'major' Old West status.

My best.
Rich

"Robin Hood of the Old West." I like it! It's fitting. Some historians called outlaw Jesse James sort of a "Robin Hood." That was in the early biographies and since then historians have dove deep into his history to find little resemblance of "Robin Hood." Soapy is defineitly a "Robin Hood" type with all the mass records of charity work.

In the 1960s Soapy was known as the "King of the Frontier Con Men," taking the title from the book of the same name. 

Rich, I think you are on to something here. Incidentally, I took the same idea in naming his last gunfight, "Shootout on Juneau Wharf." I went by the title of the old west's most famous shoot-out, the "Gunfight at the OK Corral."

Regarding Soapy, he has been known as
  • Bad Man of the North
  • Alaska’s Outlaw
  • King of the Frontier Con Men
and now...
  • Robin Hood of the Old West 

I would like to hear some ideas from all of you!













.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith