August 9, 2011

Kdog visits Skagway and pays his respects.

Kdog left Soapy some "special" cards
(Click image to enlarge)



Kevin Kdog Pernick is on an Alaskan cruise as I write this. I met Kdog on Facebook as a fan of Soapy. Then I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at the Magic Castle during the Soapy Smith wake. At the time he was preparing for his cruise and wanted to know the special places in Skagway not to be missed. Kdog has been keeping his Facebook friends up-to-date on his trip with photographs, which I snagged a few of interest to show you here.

Thanks Kdog, for showing your respects!


At Soapy's grave
(Click image to enlarge)

Jeff Smith's Parlor
Restoration in progress
(Click image to enlarge)





AUGUST 9
1820: Robert C. Adams and James Bowe Boisseau duel with pistols over Ellen Stimpson Peniston. Both men are killed.
1865: The Civil War officially comes to an end.


Jeff Smith









.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment and/or question on my blog. I always read, and will answer all questions asap. Please know that they are greatly appreciated. -Jeff Smith